• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what MPH does your m1009 shift at??

armytruck63

Mine shifts at the same speeds. Remember about the 3.07 axle ratio. On long uphills, I manually downshift in second gear when the speed drops below 50 MPH, but I don't exceed 50 MPH in second.

The shift speeds you're experiencing are normal.

majortom

Thats the normal range, but you should check the vac switch on the inj pump. if it fails the trany will shift at the wrong rpm. We replace a lot of bad vac switches.

84cucv1ton

really?? seems high. motor really goes up in rpm and shifts hard. will check the lines. how do i check the thing on the side of the injection pump?? cant think of what its called.

SmokeyDod

I've seen this ? asked many times & with many different replies. If the TH400 is working perfectly, it will change at different speeds (rpms) first of all whether it is the truck (4:56) or the blazer (3:08) . It all depends on how you drive it. In order to know what the max shift points are is to start off with accelarator to the floor and leave it there. When it does hit 2nd gear -look at speedometer, (don't let up on acc), when its hits 3rd (drive) look at it. Then you know shift points. My trucks all seem to come out of 1st at 28-35 and out of w2nd into drive at 45-50. If you accelerate slowly to normally they come out at 10/15 and 25/30.
If you want to yours to shift real hard and stay in gear longer before shifts, pull off the vac hose plugged into your mod valve on side of trans. It will stay in gear MUCH longer and shift
MUCH harder (almost like "banging" into gear. My son must like it as his has been like this for 3 yrs w/o any damage to trans. The clutches in trans don't slip so they they last longer but in reality trans takes more punishment due abrupt force . Basically they change at speeds based on how you drive it. They blazer of course would have much higher change points due to 3:08. When you pull plug from mod valve you are simply taking the vaccum from the trans and gov. same as if you had broken or vac line with hole in it. As before said its its shifting very hard and your vac lines are hooked up good, then problem is probably in trans valve body.

airmech

My 1008 shifted like this also. Replaced the mod with an adjustable, backed it out 1 turn and adjusted the vac switch to the center. it now shifts perfectly, 12-15 to 2nd and @25 to 3rd under light throttle. it also shifts very smooth, you don't feel it unless you're into the throttle.

HardCorps79

I drive pretty conservatively (maybe an understatement). I hate wasting fuel and don't see a need as the M1009 isn't exactly a zippy vehicle. Mine usually shifts at around 15 and then again at 35-40. Seems it should shift into 3rd a little sooner, though as its revving pretty good at that point. Of course, I was poking around trying to track down a minor fuel seepage and realized all my vac lines look like sponges. Think I'll replace them tomorrow and see what happens.

jag7720

Mine is acting the same way and has been since i got it... about a year.

I just change the fluid and filter a week ago...

I did a little test this morning after everything was warmed up.

1/4 to 1/2 throttle - average acceleration for a stop
first to second = 27
second to third = 43

Full throttle
first to second = 40
second to third = 53

so how do we fix this

airmech

yes, rotate towards the firewall for lower rpm. mine was full forward when i got it from lakehurst. i set it in the center of travel and it worked well there for mine.

JSF01

Well I am new here but i guess this means i have to make some adjustments and or replace some vacuum lines as i have never had it shift to 2nd under 36 or 37 mph and i have only seen 3rd at 55 mph but I very rarely travel over 45 to be compleatly sure. I do admit that i was up to atleast 95 mph i think though i cant be compleatly sure since the speedometer stops at 85. :-D

And yes I know that i probably shouldn't ever do that, but i was passing some one that was really pissing me off.

84cucv1ton

have new vacume lines. moved the the thing on the side of the injection pump back to the firewall. helped but still a hard shift. getting a modulator in the morning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks