• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What neighbors have to say about my new M1009

TOBEXA

One of my neighbors would like to buy one now.......as he told me this, his wife rolled her finger backwards by her ear.

stampy

i was asked by my neighbour if i could start the truck a little quieter, as it was too noisy in the mornings, made excessive smoke and smell. I asked if he could make his 20 chickens, 15 ducks, 12 geese, 6 turkeys, 4 pheasants and 3 pygmy goats a lil quieter, especially the 5 roosters at 5am, oh and to make the stink of s**t a little more palatable on warm summer nights.
I've yet to get a reply.
haaaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!! Good one!!!!!!!!

motormayhem

So far I haven't had any complaints, but one of my neighbors got a 96 F-250 before I got my 1009 so I think he may have conditioned them to "the big noisy truck".

However, the people who go to my school continually ask me why I am driving a HUGE truck and not the little ricer or brand new Lexus or BMW that daddy bought them for their 16th birthday. I tell them because I actually have to work to buy things and a ricer cant haul anything. I had one kid who asked me if I could stop it from smoking when it starts because it was putting soot on the door of his car. I laughed, told him to not to park next to me and started it with a little extra throttle and blew a nice cloud and left :-D. Its also funny to have people who have heard that my truck runs on free fuel (vegetable oil) ask me if I can hook them up with some for their car. I ask them if they have a diesel and they say, "how can I tell?" I tell them to see if they have a distributor rotor and watch their confused faces as I walk off.

AN/ARC186

In my neighborhood,we're known as,and I quote"the people who have horses and a big green Army truck and video cameras and lots of guns so don't mess with them"
I'm a former Marine, my significant other is a former Police Officer.
Sometimes it pays to advertise.:twisted:

Big Earl

We're in the middle of town, I've had a m1008, m1009, m-37 and currently on duece #2. Nobody even complains when I let the duece warm up for 10 minutes at 6:45am. Helping the neighbors out every once in a while goes a long way.....I think secretly they all like it. We'll see how it goes with a 5 ton. ;-)

allrevup

A couple of years back a Washington DC , Old woman that was a NEW partime neighbor, made mention at the May HOA metting about my truck. 3 weeks latter, Memoriall Day Weekend after farting around on the beach with some 4x4 weller friends. I invited All 9 vehicles and friends over for beer, they took over 50% of the visitor parking spaces for a few hours, starting with the ones close to her. Problem, NO MORE

SR71BLACKBIRD

Funny the old lady across the road (my wifes aunt) told me one day she wished the guy beside would not park in their yard, it makes the property values go down. As she was talking I looked across to my house to see the deuce, case 480c backhoe, 25 foot BAJA Cigerette boat, 2 m105 trailors, and a wood splitter. I thought then maybe my land taxes will go down this year!!!!!!!
Here is a picture of the neighbor I want. When I drive by in the deuce he solutes me. I should let him keep it in his drive for fun.

Attachments

well trying to be a smart- -s i fell and twisted my back and rist but here are the pics of my slightly used out house used daily by little old ladt and twice on sunday she even left the old sears catalogs in it too sweet old lady she was very happy that it might be a ornimate to upset nasty neighbors she loves my trucks and she's 93 wants to go for a ride she kinda makes me nevious keeps winkin at me . this is for rent or sale but you may use it for a public newstance for a while at no charge

Attachments