• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What NOT to do to old canvas

Gastrap

So I had this black crap on my passenger seat back. I power washed the canvas with hot water & it looked real good & didn't affect the old material at all.

I thought maybe a run through the washing machine would make it even cleaner so in it went. 20 min. later,opened the lid & found a pile of green pulp....nothing leftaua

Looks like its time for some of jatonkas OD:-D

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would put it on ebay. I have seen things more odd than this sell.. Maybe call it "own a piece of military history" to go with your" piece of the Berlin wall". George Patton sat his butt on this valuable artifact. You could tear that up and sell postage sizes squares and probably have enough cash to buy an air assist steering kit, a fuel fired heater or a winch. Maybe all 3. You know, things we all cherish.

Gastrap

I would put it on ebay. I have seen things more odd than this sell.. Maybe call it "own a piece of military history" to go with your" piece of the Berlin wall". George Patton sat his butt on this valuable artifact. You could tear that up and sell postage sizes squares and probably have enough cash to buy an air assist steering kit, a fuel fired heater or a winch. Maybe all 3. You know, things we all cherish.
Now there's an idea. It could be a rare prototype bench seat cover from M35 serial number 1:wink: Certainly more interesting than the "Tookie toast"

mastrb

I did not have to wash mine they were shot when I got the truck.
So went to Northern tool and found a digital camo tarp for 20$ (almost enough to do 2 trucks)
and sewed up new seat covers and it took about 2 nights of T.V. watching
and sewing, but did not turn out too bad.
I KNOW where are the pics!!!

Attachments

steelandcanvas

That's one of the best things about this Board, you do something not so bright:idea:, post it, and everyone gets a pretty good laugh. I actually wondered what would happen if a Guy did put a canvas seat cover in the washer, now I know, and I don't think I'll be doing it. Wifey doesn't let me play with the washer or dryer anyway, as they are not for truck parts. Been banned from the dishwasher too, don't ask why.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks