• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Paint Matches The Army Woodland Camo

tim292stro

Learn and know your FS-595C color codes...

3 Color Woodland:
Green 383 = 34094
Brown 383 = 30051
Black = 37030

If you later decide to do desert single color:
Tan 686A = 33446

Home Depot (Behr) and Lowes (Valspar) can mix paint to FS-595 codes, you have to get a paint tech who knows how to search the "Competitor Color Lookup" and use "Federal Standard" as the competitor on their machine though.

Katavic918

The above codes are correct. I went to the local hardware store and had them mix up a couple gallons. The color was a perfect match.

goldneagle

I'd rather give my $$ to RAPCO that lowes or home depote . He's here for the MV'ers.
Me too. They also sell Jeep parts. SO yes they are MV friendly. Also have good customer service. I painted my entire M1008 with their rattle cans. I get lots of compliments about that truck since I painted it.

KansasBobcat

Agree that RAPCO paint is a good match but the old paint will be faded. It will not take that long to repaint the entire truck. You can do a section at a time. I use the red primer over the original black which makes it easier to see the outline and black over the original brown and green. Marking all outlines with chalk is a good idea.