• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What part in this???

JimmyThompson

Hello All,

I recently purchased an M109A3 and this part was in the "glove box"... I have no idea what it's for, where it goes, etc. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the link in lieu of a posted photo, please forgive. Thank you!

Adapter1.jpgAdapter2.jpgAdapter3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingvan911

That's the speedometer adapter. It goes on the front of the transfer case. Is the truck driveable? Does the speedometer work? It's curious that it wound up in the glove box.

JimmyThompson

Awesome... It is driveable! The Speedo/Odometer does not work at this time. The top "knob" can easily pull out! Is there something else that's supposed to secure it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,

I recently purchased an M109A3 and this part was in the "glove box"... I have no idea what it's for, where it goes, etc. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the link in lieu of a posted photo, please forgive. Thank you!

So, instead of doing it the right way, you link the pics and qualify it with an apology. Is there something preventing you from correcting that?

scooter01922

Just a wee bit of advice and a welcome. Might not be a good idea to go poking a mod who has been here roughly forever as is indicated by his 24K + posts. Hes a nice guy but still, ya know not such a great idea if you intend to hang around. I do believe there is a sticky on posting of images, its pretty straightforward in any regard. Oh, and congrats on the new truck :driver:

JimmyThompson

Not trying to start an issue... I just need some help. Apparently I broke a rule and he chimed in. Maybe next time the "mod" can throw me a bone and provide information related to the topic of the post instead of how the post was composed. Now this post is getting bogged down with posts that are not helping me resolve the issue at hand.

Flyingvan911

When you write your post click on the "advanced" button then scroll down and click "manage attachment." That's the easy way to post pictures. Welcome to the site. The mods are just trying to hold up a standard of quality in posts for the sake of keeping the site in useful and civil order. Though they are strict, they are good guys.

jatonka

I've been here about forever too and didn't see a problem with clicking on your link to view the adaptor you asked about. If it says 1.2 to 1 ratio, it is the speedo adaptor for an M35A2. It appears to be complete. gasket or O-ring to be applied where needed. Or, go to the TMs on my website and determine exactly what is required. Good Luck, enjoy your new truck. LEARN the manuals,Please. John T

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how. Any suggestions on the photo-fix? While your at it, see if you can fix the problem I'm requesting assistance with. THAT would be very helpful!
Please refrain from making snippy comments towards a mod. Your picture posting problem has been fixed.

JimmyThompson

Thank you all for your responses... And to the Moderator "Recovery4x4" I apologize for violating the site's rules.

I turned the end that goes into the TC and it does turn the speedometer cable end. I reinstalled it this morning and I'll see how it goes.

G-Force

It probably leaks gear oil...they do when the seal (or is it an o-ring...I forget) inside is bad. you'll find out once you start leaving puddles of gear oil in your parking spot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks