• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What seals should I do?

motormayhem

Ok so i am going to put my transmission into another case tomorrow and am thinking of what else I can do while I am under there. I plan on giving it a new front pump seal, rear crank seal, and the rear seal on tranny. When I go to get these parts what do I tell them? Can I say I need something for an 84' civvy with a 6.2 or do I need something different for the m1009's?

Thanks,
Miles

kennyw

Tell them you need seals for a TH400 (turbo 400) with an NP208 tcase. They can be found in any 1 ton mid 80's Chevy K30 4x4. Don't use a K5 if they want make/model info since that would get you 700R4 parts if they look up a civilian model.

Front pump seal, front pump gasket, transmission pan gasket and filter, input/output seals for the NP208 and the rear main seal on the motor would be the minimum.