• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Shelter Is This?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to figure out the nomenclature on this shelter to find out it's weight. Owner can only say it has AN/MRR 6 which I'm guessing is what equipment it was used for. Measurements are 48" tall, 72" long, and 60" wide.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing the pictures better, it looks shorter than the SEE (Shelter, Electrical Equipment, not the Unimog one ;)) we talked about earlier. That one is 61" tall.

Cheers

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is the pre S250 late 50's early 60's Ratt rig shelter and if it is empty inside, no racks and whatever should be around the 700lb or less area.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok a little heavier than I want but will probably work. The plan is to put it on a M116A2 and fit it out as an expedition type trailer.

edit: S-250 empty weight is 770 and this is shorter in height/length so should be a fair bit lighter.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It should be much lighter but 700 would be my max WAG, these were made out of a different honey comb panels than the later ones. Another reason is it may have a wooden floor inside of the aluminum, I had a same vintage Craig shelter like scaled down 280 type and it was like that.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't find any number but this appears to be about the right size. Now I just need to get over my stinking broken kneecap so I can go get it.

image.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a better look at the 2 data plates on the shelter. The 1st one says "Radio Reciever Set AN/MRR-6 (XW1) serial number 1" and the second plate says "Electrical Equipment Shelter XW1 serial number 3." So evidently an early run or limited at least.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks