• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What should I do with my old bed.

Parker2

I have replaced my standard deuce bed with a dropside. Sorry no pics. I did it in the dark. Anyway it's rusty, but could be saved if someone had the time or motivation. I dont have either.
Should I keep it, sell it, scrap it or give it away? Does anyone need a standard M35a2 bed?

Thanks.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had always wanted to mount a drop side on a Bolster for the ultimate firewood/mulch trailer. Its large and its low to the ground for easy loading. Also, you could still use the bows and cargo cover if needed.

Mark2X2

Has someone mounted one on a bolster trailer. Like to see what it looks like and how it works out. Sounds like it would make a nice setup.
I pulled a Deuce bed on a 4 ton bolster trailer with a wooden build up behind a M817 5 ton dump for two years. Was active duty Heilbron Germany, A Company 237th Engineers. That was out TOE while I was there. Heard they got a new BT CMDR and yanked all the build ups. We had all our engineer tools and gear in the trailer, camo nets on top, the squad and personal gear on the truck. Was plenty heavy towing with an almost empty truck off road. It did great on the pavement, tracked nice and straight, no sway, easy to back up.
Mark
M35A2 Deuce
M105A2 Trailer
M101A1 Trailer
3) Rokons

Parker2

Ah, I scrapped it. I thought that it would be better to have it make something new instead of just rusting away behind my shop.
Those that wanted it, sorry, but it would have been more work than you wanted. I am sure there are better ones out there.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The bolster trailer that "Offy" liberated from me had a deuce bed mounted on it.
It looked great and was a great hauler if you had more than a deuce would carry.
With the cargo cover on it it really looked good going down the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks