• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What should I use to fill seam cracks in rear fiberglass cap?

Sverige

Is there a recommended putty or caulk for filling the seam cracks on the M1009 rear fiberglass cap?

Thank you

dougco1

If your talking about the seam between the fiberglass top and the truck body you should try urethane windshield caulk like I did. For more information search for water leaks and I responded #7 post on the process. I would add the direct link to the thread but haven't figured how to yet. The finished project looks factory and I haven't had a water leak since.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your talking about the seam between the fiberglass top and the truck body you should try urethane windshield caulk like I did. For more information search for water leaks and I responded #7 post on the process. I would add the direct link to the thread but haven't figured how to yet. The finished project looks factory and I haven't had a water leak since.
[h=1]water leaks[/h]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a product from Loctite. PL S30. It's a roof and flashing sealer and it works wonderfully. Paintable as well. It works wonders on roof seam on ambulances, shelters, RVs and more

rlltide12

If you want something that wont damage the seal because it never sets up, I use 3M 08509 Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound. It is made to seal rubber against metal but doesnt set up. Works even if its wet.

Sverige

Thanks guy, you're great! I'm looking to fill the cracks in the rear cap shell, not seal it to the truck. In this case, perhaps Loctite. PL S30 would work?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a seam sealer. I dig out the cracked factory stuff, refill it with this stuff and after it sets up, paint it. Works great and lasts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks