• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size garage door to clear deuce

Chains350

Hi All,

I've wanted a deuce for many years. Recently, I got the go-ahead from the woman. Only stipulation is that I first build a pole building so she won't have to stare at it sitting in the yard.

I have a lot to learn but what I need to know right away is what height door is needed to clear a deuce with bows and cover installed. What if it also has the larger single tires instead of the stock duels?

I would also appreciate any other suggestions for the pole building design that would enhance deuce storage.

Thanks for your help!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say your safe with a 12 x 12 door and put in some heavy timbers or better steel for lifting heavy parts on deuce super single tires weigh in at 3 or 4 hundred pounds and definatly a good concreat floor

jw4x4

Rule #1- you can NEVER have a big enough building. Make it as big as you possibly can. Rule #2- you can NEVER have too tall of a door. At least 12'. If possible, make it 14' so that a 13' 6" vehicle will clear. When the green fever really takes hold, you will be glad to have the room and overhead clearance.

Vintage iron

Like JW4x4 said. 12x14 and make sure the bay is at least 40' long. I am a diesel mechanic and we have two bays on our garage. one has a 10' door and it seems that it is always to small! That is the short bay too and it sucks not having the extra room. remember you are going to have work benches, jacks, welders and everyone else's junk inthere too. Oh and make sure to post up the MV parking only signs too ! :)

eeyore357

I think my door is 7' I will have to teach the wife how to use a tapemeasure over the phone so I can put together a plan of attack. :)

Reckless

I have 10x12 door and its a slow roll to get it into the shop, making sure I don't tag a mirror or something. I def wouldn't go any smaller than a 12x12.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks