• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size hone

runk

I used a NAPA service tools 265
"Use to hone drum brake wheel cylinders and disk brake calipers from 3/4" to 2-1/2" (19mm-64mm). "

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPTIMAL: not sure...; size: 1-3/8"
You may shop online for: CTA Tools 1146 1-3/8-Inch Brake Cylinder Flex Hone.

G.

ducer

Take a wheel cyl. in to NAPA and have them get you a ball type hone. the ball hones make a much nicer crosshatch pattern and are usualy a finer grit. I used to use them at the dealership, they are great.

Rob I dig the new avitar. :popcorn:

Denny

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ah, there in lies a problem.

Take wheel apart, leave to go to NAPA. NAPA sucks here and I would be told to go on line to order before I get out the entire question/part number (like happened last week). Wait a week for the part.

So while the wheel is apart, wind storm hits, even if covered up, dust gets into everything and now I have more of a problem than I started with. One thing I've learned in the desert, start something, you better be able to close up in a timely manner.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, there in lies a problem.

Take wheel apart, leave to go to NAPA. NAPA sucks here and I would be told to go on line to order before I get out the entire question/part number (like happened last week). Wait a week for the part.

So while the wheel is apart, wind storm hits, even if covered up, dust gets into everything and now I have more of a problem than I started with. One thing I've learned in the desert, start something, you better be able to close up in a timely manner.
How true. I don't like to start anything I can't finish (yes, the exception is my LDT engine swap) because you don't know what will happen. Case in point. Gimpy and I pulled the alternator off my backhoe Friday night with the intenetion of me having it checked and fixed on Monday. Nope. It is a Magneti Marelli A127-55 that they can't fix. Now my backhoe is down blocking the Deuce that I want to get out to sell.

Get the parts before you start so the truck isn't down for days. ;-)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ducer: the tool I suggested above (CTA) is just one of different brands. This IS a flexible, ball type hone, and it IS the correct size 1-3/8" for the M35 wheel cylinders!
Napa possibly carries KD (would be model #2483)

None of these tools should cost more than $30.

G.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks again and I should have it tomorrow---unless NAPA screws up. The other places were going to have to order it from KD taking 5-7 days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks