• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what stove to use in a base x203 tent

jtrojan715

Hi looking to get some input on what stove to use in a base x 203 tent (yes it has a stove jack). been looking at the Yukon stoves, and it wont be used in any weather below 0 .
thanks every one

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A Yukon is a little small for a 203 they were made for the arctic, squad and GP small. A old school M1941 stove or the new and improved H-45 would be a better choice. Check the classifieds here for tent stove as there is a smokin deal on the H-45 stove.

Last edited:

jtrojan715

from what ive read its about the same square foot as a small gp. the thing that worries me about the h-45 is it sits on the ground and the 203 has a floor built into the liner

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You are right the 203 is not much bigger than a small. We a floor in our tent also, I keep 4 fire bricks that we place on the floor then goes a square piece of aluminum tread plate that is about 4" bigger than the stove that the stove fits on. If you burn solid fuel the pot bellies take bigger chunks of wood and hold a lot more ash. If you burn liquid the H-45 has a much safer metering valve and the hose is not up in the air like a Yukon for folks to get hung up on it. You will still need something insulating and fire proof to put under a Yukon. Also beware which ever stove you choose in the military that some one is always awake when a stove is on.

Steinmeister

Jtrojan715, the method we used in the Army, and I still use, is to build a 3'x3' sandbox out of 2x4 and plywood, fill it with sand, and set the stove in it. Always gives a nice flat firm surface for the stove and catches any fuel leaks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks