• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the H$ll did they do to this bumper??

Crash_AF

That's what happens when you hook to the bumper and lift... The outside two bolts are holding it in place, but the frame bolts are missing or ripped through. Probably missing since the brush guard is gone.

Later,
Joe

Stan Leschert

Nope. I did that to a Canadian CUCV. Get hooked on a stump, and the only way out is reverse fast. Glad I didn't sign for that Veh Ticket. SQMS was pissed! ( the ground was too wet to allow any jacking) Oh well, tactical situations! And Yes, that should have had the brush guard. It would have caused way more damage!

Last edited:

niferous

Another way is is they were missing the bolts and tried to tow the truck with a strap or else just pull it out from being stuck in mud. Especially if they used a larger truck like a deuce and a half to do so. Since the point to hook the strap to is higher it could pull it up and out. Heck if the truck was buried up to its hubs that could have been done with another CUCV or a HMMWV.

ssgtwright-usmc

Could be worse. I remember being at 29 Palms and a HD forklift was making a right turn onto the next road. The forks went thru the drivers side window and windshield while the guy was at the stop sign. Missed his head by inches. I need to find those picture. It was a brand new mustang it hit.

jimmy-90

Lol at first glance I didn't think the bumper was actualy attached. I thought it was just sitting there on the frame rails. I knew a guy one time that had a blazer with 44" boggers and they shook his whole front bumper loose going down the highway and caused him to run over it. That thing went end over end underneath his truck and came out lookin kinda like that.