• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the heck is this for deuce????

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well here are the pictures of the "kit" for the duece that I got from the Cummins Military Systems auction in Augusta, GA. I have one seemingly complete kit and ! partial. Anyone has any ideas let me know. 7 pics total

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well here is last picture. Is some kind of kit to install a Cummins in a duece, probably for a foreign govt??? 5.9 maybe?? Any ideas-D.Doyle, Kenny, Gene???

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could part out alot but would like to find out what it was for. Could be cool to drop in a Cummins if that is what this is. :wink:

FreightTrain

Banned
CMS was in the Running for the M35A3 contract.They had a handful of demo units repowered with a Cummins engine(after all,CMS was owned by Cummins Diesel).This may be the "Kit" they marketed to the military or a kit they had made up for themselves.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I would start measuring stuff... what are the dimensions of that shaft/how many splines?
that radiator shroud?
got a close up of that data plate?

Westech

CPL
I think your right on the cummings.. look at the coolant hoses...... I would not let that kit go!! keep that sucker! or make sure who you sell it to is going to do the swap..... that truck would be worth big $$ if done right.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dates are early/mid 90's. The trans shaft is the standard duece tranny-no difference!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks