• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the heck is this for deuce????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ACE, you never answered the other thread. Did you use spellcheck in your signature? (Energised?)

jwaller

I was at CMS last yr when they were in bussiness. They were repowering 5Ton trucks with cummins engines for israel. I suspect this is a kit to do the same to the deuce.

I was told that they had a kit for the deuce as I asked them exactly that when I was there asking them about the 5ton repower.

Here is how the conversation went. Hey thats a nice upgrade for that 5ton. That would be nice fror the deuce. Well we do that too. thats why they had so many deuce takout engines sitting all over that place.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the buyer backed out, so it is still for sale-$500. It probably would need to be picked up since it's very heavy and in 5 boxes (although DHL quoted $141 to NC). Also included is a partial kit which includes a 2nd set of motor mounts and about 1/4 of the stuff shown in the pictures. I have been told that it was for NG units converting gassers to the 5.9 Cummins. I am still trying to confirm this though.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont puit much stock into the NG 5.9 swap out thing, only because I dont think anyone has seen a 5.9 in a Deuce thats gone thru DRMO... Possibly for foriegn use or units that wound up being used in civy businesses after they got surplused out..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We don't have any 5.9 Deuces......................

but I am almost positive I have read about 5.9 Brazillian Deuces

jeli

Who was CMS? Not to high jack the thread but I remember AM General doing a repower of 800 series 5 tons that must have never made it. It was about the same time as the A3's. The repower was a Cummins M11, auto trans and CTIS/air brake axles.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
in the early 90's there were nat gaurd units that still had gassers. cms made kit and did swaps for indiana nat gaurd unit as test but did not get contract. used gasser rad and 3052trans with conversion to same od as multifuel, 3053.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Country,
I saw that truck on GSA and wondered if one of "us" got it..

can you post some pics of the wheels? the pics in the auction were not that great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks