• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the?

0golf0fun

What's going on here? This wire (looks like baling wire) runs from a plug, up and out of the doghouse to the windshield wiper control knob, where it was just hooked around the knob. Some sort of ground? Can I unplug this and toss it?
? IMG_0621[1].JPGIMG_0619[1].JPG

0golf0fun

the plug is labeled 57f, pulled the wire from the plug, it was just shoved into the plug (the end put into the plug is pictured). Cleaned it up, looks to be copper.
IMG_0622[1].JPG

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would assume the contacts are having issues and someone ran a wire outside the windshield to the WW motor.
That list is only gets you in the ballpark, the WW motor is grounded through the instrument grounding system, that is why it is labeled 57, F is the branch going to the WW motor.
The XXX are the contacts in the lower windshield.
57F.JPG

0golf0fun

I would assume the contacts are having issues and someone ran a wire outside the windshield to WW motor.
that list is only gets you in the ballpark, the WW motor is grounded through the instrument grounding system, that is why it is labeled 57, F is the branch going to the WW motor.
The XXX is the contacts in the lower windshield.
View attachment 901619
Thank you Mogman, good info. I'm going to mess with it, see what I can do.

0golf0fun

You have to access the contacts under the windshield, you are likely also going to have to drop the windshield to work on the contacts to make them work
the contacts are in the body directly under the windshield center post IIRC
Got them all plugged in, from driver side toward passenger side they are connected 57f, 27k, 71c. Did I read they schematic correctly or did i reverse it? should they be from the drivers side toward passenger side 71c, 27k, 57f?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure if that is a direct reference to the order they are connected or not, do the wipers or squirters work?
Does the truck have a roof?

INFChief

What's going on here? This wire (looks like baling wire) runs from a plug, up and out of the doghouse to the windshield wiper control knob, where it was just hooked around the knob. Some sort of ground? Can I unplug this and toss it?
? View attachment 901614View attachment 901615
My immediate thought is that someone ran a “new wire@ because they couldn’t figure out the problem with the original circuit. Or, they found an unused hot wire (12 or 24 volts) and tapped in to it to power up something. Have you checked it with a voltmeter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks