• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tires fit on the stock rims that have agrressive tread?

donkdonk

yeah those will never fit. i need tires around 41-43" overall diameter

With my bob job i only have about maybe six inches between the gas tank and front of the tire.
If you have 6 inches, then 395's will fit. You will have 3-4 inches left. The stock tires are 40" in diameter and the 395's are 46". By far the best looking size for bobbed and/or singled deuces IMO.

ETHOS

ill have to measure to see, but with tires i need to have half the total height gain in a straight line towards the tank right?
395's will fit, i have seen them on quite a few trucks, and they are as big as you can go without a lift and axle relocation

donkdonk

ill have to measure to see, but with tires i need to have half the total height gain in a straight line towards the tank right?
Correct. If you have 6" now from your stock 40" tire to the tank, the 46" tire will give you 3" left. What kind of bed is on the truck? Ours use the M105 bed and there is 13" of room stock, so 10" with 395's

TexAndy

hey, if nothing else, those extra 6 inches should give you a little more head room when working on the underside of the vehicle. Er, that would be 3 inches, but still...