• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to expect from a 3k Red River A2

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I viewed 100 trucks in mobile that all came from red River earlier in the year almost all m1097 flavors before they were cleaned up and listed.

Most in good shape that were supposed to be recapitalized/rebuilt and were not. Issue is that they sat and got cannibalized and crap thrown in the beds.

I literally looked At all the stuff in the back and by auction , all the goodies were gone. One truck had 20 transmission controllers, one had a triwall of bii stuff.

Yours appears to have the bracket for a jack that goes under the hood along with other stuff. Your truck looks like it was a special purpose probably comms. That flat floor piece in the bed is special. On the back right fender is either ammo box mounts or radio/duke mount.

Probably a support truck for a radar unit or specialized gizmos.

The rear bumper mount is not for water/fuel cans as I have 4 of the rhino ones and not made like mine.
I am thinking that mounted a reel for cable. Obviously not a tire mount. Good foundation for a project.

Nice score

hmmwv-newbie

there's a weird phenomenon where all the red river ones have the radiators yanked lately, it wasn't like that when I got mine six months ago.

I can only assume they're pulling them for rebuilds since RR is the main place in the world that rebuilds them.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also noticed it came from the European theater with the red/yellow stickers required in Europe and it had the combat ID panels on the back fenders that are removed in demill but the brackets left.

Also has the extended tailgate mounts as maybe there was something mounted in it. Shelter carriers can sometimes have even more extended tailgates depending which box.

Possible the plate was just thrown in there and not relevant.

Post pics of the goodies in the bed when you get it.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
there's a weird phenomenon where all the red river ones have the radiators yanked lately, it wasn't like that when I got mine six months ago.

I can only assume they're pulling them for rebuilds since RR is the main place in the world that rebuilds them.
They may have been stolen, those radiators that have been sitting for 12-13 years do not seem like good candidates for a rebuild.
I purchased a truck from Lytle that was completely stripped of every electrical component, I thought it was done at Harris county were it came from, I recently found out it was running and more or less complete when it arrived at Lytle but there is allot of stealing going on in those yards, I mean they took everything including the starter and alt, inst, lights, virtually everything electrical. they spent allot of time on that one.
There is allot of copper in those radiators!!

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the pics again, looks like there are other treadplates & frames along the fenders on the inside so I am back to a special purpose support truck. :cool:

Would be curious if it has other data plates in the bed.

Also has 2 of the fuel/water older can mounts on the back right seat floorboard. Again, Are they just thrown in there or mounted to support equipment? not the typical place for those.

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started tearing out the frame, looks like a generator carrier. Found a strange hydraulic line going to the rear passenger side, not sure what it is for?20231202_130152.jpg20231208_170811.jpg20231208_112231.jpg20231208_112237.jpg20231208_112324.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The second picture in post #11 is the S250 shelter carrier frame. Looks like the generator frame attached to that.

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the generator frame was to heavy for me to lift on my own but I was able to move it up onto the wheel well and remove the sub frame underneath

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks