• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to look for....

akeohan

I will be going down to look at a M813 cummins diesel cargo truck this week and wanted to know if there are any special things I need to look for, IE, wear and tear, loose this and that. Also what to listen for or not what to hear, that kind of thing.

Thanks for the help!

acetomatoco

All the same things you would look for in any used vehicle purchase.. There are no known issues that appear on all M800s... the standards of rust, tires, oil in water... brake pedal up and clutch free play, and completeness of engine compt... Bring a couple of the cheap car start paks and hook em in series for 24 V and that will let you test all the accessories..but probably not enuf to start engine. lighter than hauling 6TLs around. ACE

Scrounger

The only thing I could add is that the NHC-250 has O-rings that seal the cylinder liners to the block. When they start to leak there will be water in the oil. If the oil has a milky white color that usually means an O-ring is leaking and the engine will need and inframe. Other than that the usual stuff applies when checking one out.