• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to replace troop seat boards with? m35a2

Adrian A

I bought a set of hardware to install my troop seats and figured i would make the boards later. I have a ten inch radial arm saw that I figured would cut 2x4x12 to size. My saw wont do it. Any other ideas. My local lumber yard wanted $140 to cut them. 3/4" x 3"x 12ft. Is the size they are supposed to be..

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wooden troop seats should be made out of a hardwood, not 2 x 4's. Red Oak should be good, and it is usually found at Lowes or Home Depot in lengths that can be used (but please be seated when you see the prices per foot - it ain't cheap). All will have to be cut down from longer lengths (IE buy 14' for the longer seat pieces and the back rails). By the time you figure in paint, you will be in the same price range as purchasing the fiberglass ones from Stephan Wood Products.2cents

SierraHotel

I found a enough 16 foot plastic wood boards at Lowes in the area where they were trying to unload the stuff quickly. $60.00 later they were loaded on my truck. I cut them in half with a table saw and routed the cuts to round them. Got new bolts and bolted them to the metal supports and painted them with Behr Premium Plus Ultra after dousing them with Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. Not sure how well the paint (or should I say primer) will stick to the plastic...guess time will tell. Overall, it worked well and I won't have to hear about splinters from my support crew anymore. Troop Seats.jpg

Adrian A

I found some common grade white pine that was 1x4 for $3.00 a board. I just hat two rip them down to 3 inches. I am very happy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks