• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What too buy?

Iceman3005

Thanks for all the posts so far! Sorry the analogy wasn't meant to compare speed per say but power too weight ratio. I did see some useful posts about increasing power on the mod/hotrod section. No not looking for a truck to blow someones doors off, just have some respectable power...........a little more never hurts.......well sometimes! Yes I do have a cdl or I couldn't drive my tractor-tanker.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ICE, I did not know that you had a CDL. Since you have big truck experience, I am leaning more toward recommending a 5 ton now. What do you hope to do with the truck? Pull trailers down the interstate? Carry the girl's soccer team to practice? Haul firewood to a remote cabin? Install a fancy lawn ornament that will piss off your neighbors? A little more info would be helpful to make a recommendation.

ODdave

ICE, looking at the green you list, how fast where you expecting the deuce to be? To be honest, you might wanna drive a few of each (2.5 &5 ton) as i have 3- 2.5's and all three run considerably different. You may have to consider "fine tuning" you r truck to your needs

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just spent a day in a 818 pulling a trl with 32,000lbs of concrete ties. THe 818 did okay, as long as you were in 5th gear, and you had to keep her turned up- just about ran her wide open all day long.
Of course, I was still hearing the 818 a day later.

Iceman3005

I heat with wood. my friends duece, he also heats with wood and takes it offroad, pretty amazing what they can go through e.g. mud, fallen trees, etc. There have been a couple of places he went through that I wouldn't be able too without a lift and bigger tires for my cucv.
my cucv only do 55 tops, fun to drive, so speed isn't much of a factor, as long as I could go 55. Ya I would drive it for fun too. I like the lawn ornament Idea, and maybe a chick magnet.

Iceman3005

I also haul things for my friends from time too time, one of them asked me to haul a d5 dozer, I just laughed because the pintle hook on the cucv can't barely pull a 3000 pound trailer before it would rip bumper of, so pullin heavy loaded trailer would be nice to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks