• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Trailer Has Pintle Hitch On The Rear?

gottaluvit

I had someone tell me they had a camo military trailer with a pintle on the rear. It has a frame/suspension like a M105 with the same wheels and a square 6x6' (or so) cargo box that is very heavy duty and a tool/accessory box in front of that. Does anyone know what this trailer is or could have been used for?

Tornadogt

I have a few paid under $300 each at auction.

Added:
Also don't try hooking two of them together without putting at least 150lbs in the front of the first trailer.... the 2nd trailer will make you lose all tongue weight on the first trailer and be very unstable without the added weight.

Last edited:

Tornadogt

Good looking setup, Congrats. There are tarps for those trailers available also, makes them look even better. I have also seen on this site within the last week or two a member used the M101 trailer side panels and tarp on the bed of a 1008 and it looked very sharp.

gottaluvit

Thanks guys. I hadn't planned on using the CUCV to pull that trailer, except to get it home, and was very concerned after driving two hours that it might be too much trailer to even get it home. After hooking it up, I was shocked it was actually lower than my bed. I hope to get my humvee tires, that came on the truck when I got it, balanced and put back on the truck and that should even make them look better together. Only concern is that I wont have any trailer brakes using the CUCV. I was planning on hooking it to my M929 and connect a M105A2 to the back of it and get a serious jag of wood and have brakes all the way back.

Tornadogt

M332s are air over hydraulic brakes (the brakes are actually applied by brake fluid just like a normal car/truck.. .. a Surge Brake like what is on a 101a2, 105a3, or 1101/1102 trailer would be a pretty easy conversion and you would be in great shape..
surge brake.jpg

gottaluvit

M332s are air over hydraulic brakes (the brakes are actually applied by brake fluid just like a normal car/truck.. .. a Surge Brake like what is on a 101a2, 105a3, or 1101/1102 trailer would be a pretty easy conversion and you would be in great shape..
View attachment 599812
Thanks, I never considered that! What would be the best way to acquire the lunette/surge brake combo?

gottaluvit

Mine is more like hmmwv nut's with the old metal recessed lights. Castle Bravo really made his look sharp. I need to just touch mine up paint-wise and replace the air hookups and valves on the back, plus straighten out a couple minor dents by the tailgate hole. I broke two of the metal screws on the left light getting the covers off to put the 12v lights in before pulling it home. I guess I will drill them out and clean the threads out with a tap, as well as give it a full go-over come spring. I also need to repair one of the hinges on the fuse box. Nothing big but maybe a good week's work. I can't wait to see it behind the CUCV with the humvee tires back on it. I will do this after my recovery of the M101A1 I just won, which I am picking up on the 28th. I am anxious to see the M101 connected to the back of the M332, behinf the CUCV. One day I will graduate to the M101A2 and get the surge brakes on the M332 to make them more versatile and safe. Until then it's dirt and county back road use only in triple mode. Maybe put it up in the MV of the month as a triple MV.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks