• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Trailer Uses Paulin/ Cover Near M101A1 Size?

gottaluvit

I just picked up my new (to me) M101A1 trailer with a descent paulin/cover. Thing is, the cover is just a few inches too large, in all directions. It does work but I cannot pull it fully tight. This picture shows how low it is on the sides. Both are even. It also is too low front and rear. Could it be for a different trailer all together, or just a newer M101? Has anyone worked around this in any way?
20151229_142313.jpg

CGarbee

Yep, I have run into that more than once... Some of the newer covers are a tad larger (made to the large side of the specification) than they used to be.
I have a buddy whom I sold a trailer to who decided to just make his bows a tad taller and enjoy the extra few inches of room...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats what I was going to ask, are your bows adjustable? Some of the newer ones are. If you have the old style, try making a spacer to get them up higher.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:ditto: on what the above have stated, if you look on the inside(usually front) flap there should be a part. The last couple cover I got like yours the part # comes back as 3/4T trailer cover.

gottaluvit

Yep, I have run into that more than once... Some of the newer covers are a tad larger (made to the large side of the specification) than they used to be.
I have a buddy whom I sold a trailer to who decided to just make his bows a tad taller and enjoy the extra few inches of room...
That is the idea my son came up with. Only question is how to lengthen distance from front bow to rear one, as that won't change by lifting the whole bow assembly.

gottaluvit

Thats what I was going to ask, are your bows adjustable? Some of the newer ones are. If you have the old style, try making a spacer to get them up higher.
I never guessed they made any adjustable. I will look. If not I guess it is engineering time. Oh, by the way, the parking brakes work great. The wheels just drug forward with them set and was picking up on the back of the truck in reverse.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That is the idea my son came up with. Only question is how to lengthen distance from front bow to rear one, as that won't change by lifting the whole bow assembly.
In the past I used hmmwv covers on the M101 trailers cause they were CHEAP. All the bows except the front one needed to be raised to work. Once I found the height I needed, a bolt put through the upright(sideways) held it in place nicely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks