• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What trailers are appropriate for the 7 Ton?

Gunzy

Backing the M105 behind an MTVR would be interesting. I used one behind my HEMTT and hated it. I upgraded to an M1082 FMTVT unit and it is much easier to back. If you are looking for a cargo trailer it may be the best or an M1095 for the MTVR. Just my opinion, you mileage may vary.....

Camoguy

Just picked up my M332. Here it is behind my MK30. I’ll say these trailers are much taller than they look in pictures. Probably be fine for hauling a bobcat or a tractor but a large Backhoe or taller equipment might be too tall for the road. Could take down a few phone drops for sure. But my overall opinion is that all trailers should be made this well designed. The kickstand in the rear, The button on the trailer to set the brakes, The many Tiedowns, I work harder to get the ramps down than pull them up because of the springs are so good, and my favorite thing I noticed and I was actually going to add-it already has a winch/crane that can be stuck in three different places on the trailer to lift material on and off.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just picked up my M332. Here it is behind my MK30. I’ll say these trailers are much taller than they look in pictures. Probably be fine for hauling a bobcat or a tractor but a large Backhoe or taller equipment might be too tall for the road. Could take down a few phone drops for sure. But my overall opinion is that all trailers should be made this well designed. The kickstand in the rear, The button on the trailer to set the brakes, The many Tiedowns, I work harder to get the ramps down than pull them up because of the springs are so good, and my favorite thing I noticed and I was actually going to add-it already has a winch/crane that can be stuck in three different places on the trailer to lift material on and off.
They were designed to haul the CAT 420 backhoe. They work well enough you can swap to 255 70 225s in dual and bring the deck down almost 5 inches.

It's easy to overload the tongue weight on one.

sneaky3531

I seen many Marine photos of the 7 Ton pulling a M105A2. I have both so I will get a photo of them together and post it.
Yes, we pulled M105A2 trailers on a daily basis in the Marines. I hauled ammo mostly the last few years, and the EET is the one I pulled the most. The M105 trailers we used mostly for specialty rounds other than HE, and powder and fuses. Great trailers to sleep in, but as the driver I always slept in the cab or on the hood if it was hot enough at night.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky3531

Would the higher mounting of the pintle affect the load capacity on the trailer?

I know the mtvr wont care and will pull it even if its missing a wheel.
We had one loaded with illum rounds turn on its side behind an MK23 at night on 29 Palms. The driver didn't even know it till we got him on comms to stop.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks