• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What transmission is this?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's in fact, a 6352 or 6453 it would be from a 5 ton M39 series or M809 series. I'm not well versed in the 5 tons but that is sure what it looks like. Both are physically the same but the 6453 would be overdrive 5th.

KsM715

Whats are your plans for it? I need reverse gears for my spare 5ton trannys

Edit: By-the-way it does look like the 5ton trannys I have. (6453) but without looking at a tag I dont know how to tell between the 6352 and the 6453. Can you put it in 5th and spin the input and see if the output spins the same or faster?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, 5ton trans. I can't read the date on the tag, but its probably an O/D trans. The only ones with 1:1 were in gassers and multis. If you can get it cheap, grab it! They are heavy though, don't hurt your back. I can lift a deuce trans on my own, no chance with one of those.

hotdogs151a2

Thank you both for the info. It looks like a depot rebuild. I can't see the date on the MWO tag. I will talk the guy into holding off taking that one to the scrap yard.

Mr. KsM715, If I can get in soon enough I will check it out for you and I will check for a data plate.

I think I saw some 2 1/2 ton or 5 ton transfer cases and a broken 2 1/2ton transmission also.
Thanks, Pvt Hotdog

hotdogs151a2

Mr. gimpyrobb:
You win the Cupie Doll. You are the first one to ask about the axle.
Please see my photos
Thank you for asking.
Thanks, Pvt Hotdog

Attachments

hotdogs151a2

Mr. wreckerman893:
I walked into the USMC 28dec1970 for 5 years. After that I was a member of the SCANG for 25 years. I have been a Southern Redneck for 58 years and exposed to
many Bubbafied things. I too don't have a clue was that axle fits.
Thanks, Pvt. Hotdog

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks