• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What % tread left ???

fredrader

Hi All,I just ordered some 900x20 deuce tires and they are supposed to be 75% or better tread..Well I was wondering how deep is the tread on a new NDT tire ??I checked the TM on tires and it didn't say what they were new .. My 2 best tires on mine now is a little over 1/2"..The TM said to measure 1 1/4" out from the center of tire..Just curious as to how will I know what 75% is..Thanks,Fred

rdixiemiller

Sorry it took so long. I have some brand new "Titan T-Hawk" military OZ tires. The tread depth at the middle, right next to the center rib, is 9/16". Other brands may be a little more or less. If yours are a little deeper than 3/8" or so, you are at about 75%.
Hope that helps.

fredrader

Hey Thanks,I just received my 12 9.00x20 tires from Berg Supply I ordered last week..It looks like one or two of them are new.I can see a seam down the middle of the tire like where the mold left a little ridge..They were supposed to be 75% or better tread and it looks like they are that plus some..$20 ea I couldn't beat it..Now I need tubes I guess...Thanks again for measuring for me..Here is a pic of the tires.

rdixiemiller

Berg has some used tubes that came in some of the tires. I brought 5 home. 1 has a destroyed valve stem, another a leaking stem. 3 are good. I only plan on using the used ones with some skins to get a truck home. If I am mounting good tires, I use new tubes. If the flaps look OK, I reuse them. Your tires look as good as the ones I got as well. I showed the guys how to measure tread depth when i was there. He was looking at the lug depth on the sides, rather than the middle. Really nice people to deal with. If you are anywhere near Fayettevill NC, get your tires from him. I drove an 800 mile round trip to get 20 tires, the $125 in gas was cheaper then shipping, and I got to pick the ones I wanted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks