• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What type of truck is this - Unimog??

garydee

I found this truck for sale - it's listed as a Unimog (but it's not a Mercedes). The owner said it's a 1961 French manufactured truck and is powered by a Flat-Head Ford engine. Any idea?

Attachments

garydee

Wow! After seeing a good picture of what these look like close-up, they aren't the prettiest girl at the dance for sure.

Says it runs fine but needs a distributor and wires, surface rust with a couple of smaller pinhole spots in the floorboard. Has title in hand. He was selling as a package deal (98 dodge 3500 diesel 24 v, 12,000 trailer and this truck) for $12,500. Said he would let the Uni go for $2,500.

Thanks for the info! - Garydee

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/1857492609.html

98 dodge 3500 diesel

sak00

Wow! After seeing a good picture of what these look like close-up, they aren't the prettiest girl at the dance for sure.

Says it runs fine but needs a distributor and wires, surface rust with a couple of smaller pinhole spots in the floorboard. Has title in hand. He was selling as a package deal (98 dodge 3500 diesel 24 v, 12,000 trailer and this truck) for $12,500. Said he would let the Uni go for $2,500.

Thanks for the info! - Garydee

98 dodge 3500 diesel

98 dodge 3500 diesel

So when are we going to go get? Huh, huh!

SixSpeed

Banned
I talked to the owner a while ago after seeing "Unimog" but then realizing it was a SUMB. Nice guy, and a very cool truck! Its juat an uglier Unimog 404, hah! $2500 is a great price! They are SUPER rare, even my foreign military vehicle standards (at least in the US)...

Either way, I'll take that Dodge 3500 too! :D