• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what unit does this belong to

ABN173

Left side shown is Arizona Army National Guard HHS= Headquarters and Headquarters Support
Well my best guess anyway.

Upper right (not shown very well) is likely the unit, just below looks like the bumper #

Cucvnut

the vin they gave on the GL site said the fourth letter is D

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] CD-30903, CARGO TRUCK, VIN: 1GCD34J7EF375377
[/FONT]

Last edited:

gunboy1656

My old unit mostly had the M1028, for use with our shelter trucks ( Comm unit). Only 1008's we had were for our wire teams and supply.

The unit does not matter so much as the need for having the beefed up trucks.

ABN173

UN official use only?? LOL
yeah there was one guard at the gate who kept saying I could not have "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY" on my truck so I changed the drivers side only and the following day I told the guard I "fixed" it ;) They just laugh now!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Folks, I'm pretty busy right now with the move so I can't look up the vin but the info I see is Arizona Army National Guard and the HHS is Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron. This must be from a Cavalry type unit. Couldn't see the numbers on the other side to be any more definative. Will check the vin if you post to vin info and once I get moved and my internet connnect. I will go off line tomorrow and got too much to do between now and then to do anything.

Later

Dieselsmoke

the vin they gave on the GL site said the fourth letter is D

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] CD-30903, CARGO TRUCK, VIN: 1GCD34J7EF375377[/FONT]
That VIN is incorrect. There are only 16 digits, there should be 17.
It is a M1008, and it runs and drives quite well:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks