• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Up?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok it's been a month & no one has posted here :?

The cab mounts / floor and many other parts of my M882 have lost the rust battle. I want a rust free body for it. Problem is I can't afford it :cry:

So I've been giving some thought about...................

Trading my rare M886 for a rust free awesome condition M882. :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive been looking into another M880 since I sold the M887. Love the 887 and its aluminum body but the pickup suites me better to carry the S-318 shelter. Should have kept that 887!

N1265

Bob,

Do you have a line on a rust free 30yr old M882 ? and do you plan on parting out your m882 ?

also, I am looking for some information on the history of the M880s.... I noticed that on a web page where you are describing your m886. that you state that " this truck left military service in 1993 "

I was wondering if you were talking about your truck, or the M886s in general.

Thanks,

Nick

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
N1265 said:
Bob,

Do you have a line on a rust free 30yr old M882 ? and do you plan on parting out your m882 ?

also, I am looking for some information on the history of the M880s.... I noticed that on a web page where you are describing your m886. that you state that " this truck left military service in 1993 "

I was wondering if you were talking about your truck, or the M886s in general.

Thanks,

Nick
I had thought about clarifying my earlier post,
No I do not have a line on a truck, just my hopes.
I have an M882 that I am parting out.

That's my trucks "retirement" date.
minimum length of use for a vehicle is 12 yrs, that would take them to 89. I have {somewhere} a pic of an M886 from Desert Storm.
I believe the humvee ambulance was introduced about that time also.

N1265

I see, Thanks for clearing that up for me. But I am curious about one thing thought ? How do you know your trucks "retirement" date ? Is there a place that this info can be researched, or did you get it from the goverment yourself?

Thanks, Nick

jasonjc

gsa has some M88_'s in arkansas ex foresty truck's
I'm whacthing a m49 they have also
bidding ends on the 23 or 24
jason