• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What was here???

jimm1009

Did you buy your deuce from Uncle Sam or a private party?

I don't know of any offical mods (MWO's) for this but I will study this weekend.

If it came from a private party I would ask them about the holes.

jimm1009

I went outside and checked my A2C just now and it has none of these holes, not even a tooling hole in this area on either side. I am positive that a government agency would not have allowed the rivet to be removed and the vehicle operated that way. Not even the forrestry boys would do that, or so I have been told.

I see a little of what looks like light salt damage, could this have been part of a snow plow installaton
that a previous civilian owner or GSA could have installed?

Last edited:

tbrenner

I got this truck from GL about 3 years ago so its not like it was someone elses private truck before. So I'm guessing whatever was there was military and not some crazy gizmo some guy added in his back yard.

jimm1009

I have one like that when she is really mad at me. Oops, oh yes, you mean winch right? :twisted: LOL

Thanks for the information. It is an unusal military installation, perhaps someone will be able to chime in with the proper intel.

jimm1009

DUECE-COUPE

they could be for a tie down point. might be a marine corps truck and got some kinda retro fit kit installed on it. since most on here are familiar with the standard ARMY issue deuce, we may never know the answer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st generation front motor mount?
BINGO, NDT wins the award. Actually I can't guarantee what generation that is, but it is for the frame mounts for the removable style front engine support member. Changing engines with this style is such a breeze as you can get the crossmember out of the way. Anyone who has ever swapped a deuce engine knows how close that fit is getting the sump on the front of the pan past the crossmember. I removed a set of these for use on the M59 but one of the rivet holes would be right where the VIN is stamped.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks