• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What wheels are these?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Been looking for a pair of photos that show tapered vs non tapered. Have some handy?
They are all tapered on the side your photo is showing. Wether or not they are tapered on the other side, so that the wheel can be put on facing inside, can only been seen from the inside

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is the difference between so called hub pilot and stud pilot I have learned from other posts here on this site. I am not an expert.

I think the older trucks used the taper on the lug nut engaging the countersink in the wheel holes to center the wheels.

Newer wheels have a small countersink just to break the edge and use flat back nuts I assume to hold the wheels on. The hub centers the wheel on the center hole.

Please correct me if I am wrong those in the know.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, the holes that the lug studs go through. Tapered means lug centered, flat hub centered

Gunzy

I have a friend that has installed them on an M813. They should be tapered on both sides of the lug nut holes.

charlesmann

Been looking for a pair of photos that show tapered vs non tapered. Have some handy?
Search for my post about lmtv tires and iv got a pics.

The taper he is referring to is the chamfer that matches the taper of the nut. There should be a chamfer on both sides of the rim at the stud holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks