• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What wheels do I need?

cucvrus

I was at a scrap sale and bought this trailer. I had to sneak these pictures and that is all I could take. deputy Dog was on patrol and I was told no picture taking after I had taken these 3. The trailer was all aluminum and the shocks and e brake cables were smashed by a loader. I suspect the left side of the trailer may have had reverse thread lug nuts and someone did not know that. That is why the left side is burned off at the suds. Am I correct? I was wondering its value. The body is descent and the gate and everything else is in place and operational. What do the parts cost to fix it and are they readily available? 001.jpgWhat is the model of the trailer. It is 8 Ft X 5-6 ft inside and has a leg under the back and 2 hand brakes. 002.jpg003.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Sounds like an m101 or m101a1. You are correct, the lug nuts on the driver's side should be left hand thread. Never seen one that is all aluminum before, if it is it's probably worth the long dollar as I've only seen them in steel.
The wheels are the same as on dodge m37 trucks, m101/m116 and m101a1/m116a1 trailers, and they were also used on most flat fender Power Wagons.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
M101 or variant maybe? The old 5 lug pattern used on the first M101's or M37's it what it looks like at a glance.

cucvrus

I was thinking of stripping the hubs and going to a trailer supply place and getting other hubs for it. But if I can find the wheels , studs , shocks and e-brake cables that would be the deal.

cucvrus

004.jpg005.jpgTowed this trailer home. I have looked everywhere for tires and wheels for this trailer. I will proceed to part it out. It towed awesome without any tires and wheels. It was like it was designed for railroad use. I have no idea what year it is or what type of trailer it is. It is old and has no operational shocks and the one e-brake cable is broken. I do not know much about it. I bought it at a scrap sale and was told it was aluminum. That is how they posted it at the sale. I bid high and found out it was galvanized steel when I went to pick it. I proceeded to dis assemble it today and in about an hour it was a frame and axle. 001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg017.jpg018.jpg019.jpgThose drums are good for a few hundred miles.020.jpgThey are a bit noisy and the trailer does slide in turns.
For real I towed it in my driveway from along the road. We carried it on a roll back. Just kidding around.

cucvrus

Thanks but it is going on the scrap pile for now. I have other projects to complete before a long winters nap. I would never use them old odd ball wheels anyway. I would change to an 8 lug axle and hubs.