• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what will it cost to make this shorty bobbed deuce/ any imput?

supeman100

hello I am new to the form and I am wanting to get a custom extra short bobbed deuce built, there is a local guy that is charging approx 23K to get this built , with hydraulic brake, steering, AC, soft top and a paint job, does this seem like a fair price to pay? this will be my first deuce and want some input. I like in Austin Texas if you can beat it and build it for cheaper let me know.
IMG_1691.jpgIMG_1778.jpgIMG_1786.jpg

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You have to consider the price of the truck (deuces are getting more expensive), the cost of the fab work and materials (you have to have a spring kit), drive shaft has to be shortened, paint and labor. 23K may or may not be a fair price but if you can't do the work yourself then you are at the mercy of those that do this as a living or side job.

JasonS

That still seems like a pile of cash. There are always several listed on ebay; do any really sell for that much?

I would check with boyce equipment in Utah for good ready made pricing. they do an enormous turn of vehicles and ca offer good prices for you. If your doing the work yourself, think in the 5 to 10 thousand $ range. The most expensive one I've seen is a $60,000 crew cab conversion that's really luxuried out.

supeman100

I would check with boyce equipment in Utah for good ready made pricing. they do an enormous turn of vehicles and ca offer good prices for you. If your doing the work yourself, think in the 5 to 10 thousand $ range. The most expensive one I've seen is a $60,000 crew cab conversion that's really luxuried out.
I have called with them and they were about the same as our local guy if not a tad cheaper but shipping was a deal breaker because it cost at least 3k to ship to Austin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks