• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would cause a no brakes situation in an M 818 Tractor

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am looking at M 818's and if one does not have brakes what would be some of the reasons, and worse case scenarios for this? Only have a deuce right now but I can think of an air leak or hydrovac issue but do the M 818's have similar brake systems or am I into a new animal with these trucks? Thanks for your help and have a blessed Thanksgiving

poppop

RE: What would cause a no brakes situation in an M 818 Tract

The system on my 813 is basicly the same as the duece only bigger. If the petal goes to the floor sounds like no fluid. You should have a petal and some brakes even with no air. The air is the assist part. My wrecker had an air line loose when I got it but I still had brakes with no air. My dump truck had no petal at all but the military or some one had pulled the airpac off so the system was open. New airpac and master cylinder rebuild and the brakes worked.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Thanks Lloyd, I am thinking that it would not be too big of an expense for this if the airpac has to be replaced what will that cost for parts alone and where do you get one?

poppop

David
kcgonso has them on e-bay all the time and also kits. I picked up two airpacs from hime before so many people found him for around $100.00 each. They usually bring a little more than that now. He has quite a few parts and has always been resonable. I have bought a lot of stuff from him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks