• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would these trucks be worth?

jrobinson5093

I have a man trying to sell me two 5 tons. One is a M818 and the other is M52a2. Both need roofs. The 818 needs a hood and lights and the winch needs some stuff, the clutch also needs to be replaced. He has a new clutch. Both need tires. The 52a2 needs some minor body work other than the roof. It does not have a winch.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Those look like logger "pull out trucks" to me. I'd pass unless you have a definate need, or offer scrap value (or maybe less).

If you want to fix/restore them you are gonna spend way more than you can buy a running/driving/stopping in fairly good shape tractor...just my opinion.

jrobinson5093

You all going in the direction I was going. And yes they were logging trucks and they do need a lot of work. A guy that was with me is gonna offer a thousand a piece. I was mainly looking at the 52a2 for the lds, but that truck is in much better shape than the 818 other than the roof.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I haven't checked scrap prices for a while but unless it's over ten bucks per hundred I'l lowball the crap out of the guy.
While there may be a few good parts on both trucks I can tell you from experience that it takes a while to sell some stuff.
Parting them out takes a lot of effort and oxy/act. If you don't use the "blue flame speed wrench" on them you will put a lot of time in pulling parts.
The only good market I know for 5 ton driveline parts are the guys that make swamp buggies down in FL. Freight will eat a hole in profit there.
If they are used pull out trucks they have been run real hard and put up real wet.
Just my opinion for what it's worth.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't touch them without a title and even then I wouldn't offer more than scrap. You will spend more time and funds getting one of them up to spec than just buying a decent truck else where. I'd avoid them unless you need them for parts or have the axles already sold and can pull them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks