• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what would yall do

nightrain cowboy

ive got this m46a2c that some guy cut the back of the frame off behind the back axle. i got a 5 ton bed for it and planned on makin it a regular length truck. then i found the rest of the frame and im wondering what to do. if i weld the rest of the frame on the bed will be 35inches to short. what would yall do. looking for some opinions. ive asked before and the consensus seemed to be put a crane on it, but i couldnt find one, and there not cheap. this is kinda just a play toy, which i may have to sell now that my wife got orders to seal beach cali. tell me what everybody thinks, or if someone knows of some other bed config. i dont. i also added pics of what happens to a front winch when some idiot uses a grade 8 bolt for a shear pin.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tough call, if it were me, I'd continue on with the 5ton bed as planned and keep the original frame section just in case. With some paint and the 5ton bed, it should still be a sweet truck.

nightrain cowboy

i got the 5 ton bed because the lights mount in the bed. i got the bed with troop seats and other parts for $100!!! cant complain. im still trying to find the winch gearcase, but it seems like shipping is $150 for that thing. oh well, im gonna have to sell it anyway. i also hate to shorten a good truck!!!!!

nightrain cowboy

the truck runs great, shifts smooth, plenty of power with almost no black smoke, so i dont think its been turned up. all the brakes work, with the exeption of body work, its overall not bad. i thought about the extended cab, but my metal working skills and tools are limited.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if you keep the truck, cut the rear frame till it matches the 5t bed, put it all together, paint it, nobody will know the difference and look good. this way you will have the correct looking frame to match the bed, bumperettes, pentle hook. this build would be nothing different then all the other builds, have a good looking truck YOU went and YOU built

GO FOR IT

nightrain cowboy

im gonna try to keep it registered texas. might save me some problems. are there any areas around seal beach to take it and exersize it? gonna need lots of room. the wheel base is almost 4 feet longer than an m35.

tm america

theres alot of semi salvage yards you could do a search on flea bay or just for truck ards in general.i like the idea to you could go with a 48 inch sleeper and have a full size bed- extra seating .a s250 could be used to but will take up more space .i would keep the frame long no matter what you do those long wheelbase trucks are hard to find.

XM 2742

If you are not military you have 30 days th register there. You get a pass if ya tell the cop you just got here last week but watch out the second time.

davidkroberts

i like the sleeper idea, it hasnt been done here on a m35 or five ton chassis. A guy did a great build with a milspec road tractor with a drop axle but this would be simplier. I havent been to seal beach in years but in the high desert you used to could ride around quite a bit..... so long as the greenie fun police havent shut them all down you should have plenty of room to ride.

nightrain cowboy

i may just have to do that. any donations? i gotta move in 4 months and im still working on a truck that i have no idea if i can sell it or how to haul it to cali. my wife is about to kill me! im starting to realy like the sleeper idea though