• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What year is my Deuce. please help.

N3Nflyer

OK guys. Same old story new version. I’m a new troop in the unit and I need some help. I just picked up a Duce from GL and need to figure out my year of manufacture.

Here is the info I have and some photos.
Good shape M35A2 WO/W
VIN 0525-26233 (off the door) I still need to strip paint on the frame to confirm.
NSN 2320000771616
SN 0525-26233 (again off the door)
USA-NK0262 (off door)
With this info it should be early 70’s
MEDLOG or anyone else please help!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I need a rubber boot for the front axle, passenger side. Anyone have one?
FYI, I plan on converting the bed to dump and would like to add a winch

Attachments

Iyaayas184

RE: What year is my Duce. please help.

Do you have a contract number on your dash tag? Otherwise look on the left side frame in the vicinity of the front wheel well may have a frame stamped number there also.

bob

Iyaayas184

according to David Doyles article it is around a 72-73 as sequence number had reached 25966 by 72 so this truck didn't roll off the line long after
Bob

N3Nflyer

OK the Number on the frame is now confirmed to match the SN on the door (0525-26233) The NG must have striped the frame of paint in the past because the stamped numbers are almost gone.
Iyaayas184, The dash tag is blank (see photo).

N3Nflyer

Iyaayas184, that is what I found too, but I'm hoping for a more precise year to put on my SF 97 and title.
Thanks

Iyaayas184

Looks like it is more likely a 1973 from what I interpret the 25966 is for end of production yearso since your sequence number falls after that is was likely produced in 1973. In Kansas when I titled mine, I just guessed and that was good enough for DMV. Mine had no year on the 97 either.

Bob

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Here ya go:

Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 NSN:2320000771616
Serial Number:5252634 Registration Number:NK0262 Year of Mfg:1972
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 31937
This information from 1992. Unit info was invalid so they probably shut down a long time ago and the unit they sent it to didn't load it into their maintenance system. What is on the bumper might help find out who.

N3Nflyer

RE: Closer shot

I got this off the 278th web page. It could be from any one of these support Squadrons. That is if I'm not barking up the wrong tree.
I would like to track down the guys who maintained it for the unit and get its maintenance history.

(From 278th web page)

Troop A (-) (S&T), SPT/278 ACR, Jacksboro, Campbell County
Det 1, Troop A (-) (S&T), SPT/278 ACR, New Tazewell, Claiborne County
Troop B (-) (ORD), SPT/278 ACR, Clinton, Anderson County
Det 1, Troop B, SPT/278 ACR, Oneida, Scott County
Det 2, Troop B, SPT/278 ACR, Lafayette, Macon County
Det 3, Troop B, SPT/278 ACR, Knoxville, Knox County
Company C (MED), SPT/278 ACR, Knoxville, Knox County

N3Nflyer

RE: Closer shot

Medlog, I just noticed the SN was off by 1 in your reply (you had Serial Number:5252634 it is actualy Serial Number:5252633. will that effect the results of your search?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks