• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's her name???

91W350

July 3rd, I went to a cookout with the deuce. There was quite a few young people there and of course, they got around to asking for a ride. Not wanting to take chances on them being in the bed, I took two at a time in the cab. We drove 1/2 mile east, two miles south, a mile west, two miles north and 1/2 back east for a new load.

After playing with the lights, windshield, cowl vents and honking the horn, I would ask them what I should name the truck. I always suggested Galloping Gertie or Funky Fred, just to get the conversation started.

One little cutie with curly blond hair and big blue eyes said I should name the truck Myrtle the Turtle. I asked why Myrtle the Turtle and she said because it is green and slow..... So I replied, but turtles do not make that much noise, with an enormous smile, a slow roll of the eyes and hands on the hips she said......

Myrtle does!!

How silly of me, I should have known...

I enjoyed it and thought you guys might too. Glen

91W350

Something tells me that in about ten or twelve years, those big blues are going to be knocking the socks off of the boys that have to endure her presence. She sure was killer cute in the deuce. The other girl riding at the time was a light skinned black female, I am guessing 12ish, with high cheeks and a big smile as well. I thought she was going to laugh herself clear out of the seat. They were having fun and both came back later for second rides with other kids. It was a lot of fun for them and good for me too.

After reading about James wreck, it was a heavy hearted weekend for me, I still find myself going back and reading the new posts and most of the old posts on that thread. It was nice to laugh with the kids for a while. Glen

Bighurt

I still like hearing my kid call it a "duece", 3 years old and poor pronunciation, you can imagine how it sounds...

Even better is while watching news footage of the flood one night this past week, the oldest out of the blue stats "I hope daddy's duece is ok"

As much as kids make you pull out your hair they certainly have a knack for putting a smile on your face. Great story Glen!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Yesterday my son (now 24) rode with me to the scrapper in the work deuce.......every once in awhile, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the little blond haired, blue eyed boy that loved to ride in Daddy's trucks when he was little.

He still had a grin on his face and loves to watch the reaction of other drivers to the deuce.

deuceaid

Banned
That is absoulutly precious! Might I suggest the conversion of 91W350`s screen name into Myrtle`sMan....because she owns you now.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREAT story Glen and congrats on the Deuce's (Plural) I still not only dont see pics of the recovery I really dont see pics of the blonde, YOU already know the saying so i am not going to repeat it!
KK

91W350

Well... Myrtle Girl and I crossed paths again today. They were at Grandpa's Hotrod shop. Another round of deuce rides. At least I know her name and who she belongs to now! Riddon is her name and she still has blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. You just have to love a girl that plays outside when it in the mid 30's and wrestles with her brothers. She holds her own, beautiful, runny nose from the cold weather and all. We had another round of deuce rides, only four kids this time and the sand deuce instead of the green deuce. 8)

I was out to load some tires into Big Hurt's 5 ton for their trip north and in case you were wondering, she asked if she could make a funny face for the second photo. Glen

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks