• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats in your deuce for on the road spares???

westfolk

Yeah maybe Murphy doesn't travel over there. We all know he has plenty time here. I will have to say though I haven't ever really had a big problem on the road. This last year I travel to Aberdeen proving ground once, Wright-Patterson twice, Letterkeny three times, Buffalo twice, and one trip to Alantic City. All this and alot of short hops around home. Never any trouble. Same truck evrytime. Maybe I'm lucky eh?

MrAugust

well nope not realy, i allways have spare tyre and jack n tire lever... but thats a law thing in england... or a must i suppose....

i had a wheel baring go... so got a new one from a garage near by, unhitched jeep went for tools and got baring... fixed it in service station car park... continued to kent sum 250 plus miles.... easy no stress nothing is un fixbale... engine blows .. just get a new one and fit it.... sorted.... no job to big... me and my fellow REO Owners will sort it all... move in a pack... lol

and always run full ov fuel.... half tank stop fill up... and jerrys full allways... thats the way to do it... dont be cheep....

rmgill

For me it's mostly tools. Spare belts sure. Some hoses are next to toss in a bin. Having a place to put all the tools AND spare parts is a problem. Considering I haul 3 tonnes of armor and all my re-enacting kit when I go.

Off the top of my head:
2 gallons of oil
2 gallons anti freeze
4 jerry cans
spray lube
lithium spray lube
wire brushes
air tool set (impact, die grinder, chisel, grease gun)
robo Impact tool
20 ton bottle jack
pair of 6 ton jack stands
wood blocking
two sets of chocks
triangles
20 lb fire extinguisher
1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 socket sets
limited 1" socket set (and breaker bar)
pioneer tool set
small sledge hammer
pall peen hammer
punch/drift and chisel set
inch combination wrench set plus the larger 5 wrench set Sears sells
air compressor wrench
grease
spare brake fluid (I need a larger container of this)
x3 5 ton snatch blocks
100 lbs of various chains and binders (for the load and problems)
spare set of shackles for anchoring chains
2 spare mounted tires plus standard spare (last trip had 3 spares)
Air inflater tools
25 foot day glow orange air hose
x2 yellow coiled air hoses
2 flashlights (lantern battery type and a crookneck)
battery powered spot lamp
spare jacket
spare sweater
spare hat
I need to add a first aid kit
TMs in printed form
wire bullets and crimper
insulating tape
zip ties
spare wire
thread tape
brake parts spray cleaner
electronics parts spray cleaner

Umm, I think that's it.
[edit]
oh, googles
work gloves
ear protectors and some spare plugs
razor blades
and some permatex though I think that tube needs to be replaced.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spare headlights and a spare flasher unit.
Wheel bearing nut socket. (3" octagonal)
Spare coolant hoses.
DVM w/thermocouple adapter.
I had to get a wheel puller for the generator swap.

Think in terms of the task to be performed when bringing tools, which should include electrical, compressed air and brake line repairs.

I also had multiple sets of the tools, including odd stuff like "crow's foot" wrenches.

The complete detailed list is way too long to post here, probably over 1,000 items (for my cross country trip anyway).