• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats it worth ?

krisinwa

Trying to determine what my deuce is worth ,
It is a 1953 REO M-49 gasoline tanker with
6 cly. gas engine . 1200 gallon tank converted
to water for the fire dept. I purchased it 30 some
years ago with intention of restoration ... but life
got in the way , so now it is time to sell .
The bad , needs complete brake job , re-build the
water pump , exhaust leak on #3 , no rag top ,
no seat cushions , and muffler wore out .
The good ; It starts and runs like a top . I would
very much appreciate any input about what the
value would be . Thanks very much , Kris

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Without sounding flip it is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Tankers are rare and gasser tankers are probably rarer.

If it needs a lot of restoration work that is going to lower the value even more.

Post some pics and you might get some guys to give you their opinion of what it's worth.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I all honesty, Start at scrap value and see if you can work your way up.

Going through the axles, I wouldn't do for less than $1k.
Soft top $200 if your lucky.
Brakes, probably a master cyl($50 low end) Air pack($450ish).

No clue on water pump, muffler, or seats.

Right now you have a heavy project that will cost someone at LEAST a hefty tow bill if they can't flat tow it.(What shape are the tires in?)

Kaiser67M715

well, area does play a good deal on price, but I paid $1,400 for mine, it had decent tires, top, pretty much all mint looks wise, engine turned free, but needed a wiring harness(which was included)

now I have since been going through the brakes, and fluids, and some other general maintenance.

Going back on the price I paid, I think I may have been willing to pay $1,500 tops, just because it did not run, and I knew from sitting brakes would need a thorough going through

now the guy I bought it from had it listed for a good six months at $2,500; he had several look, but no one wanted to deal with the wiring

so taking that, yours runs, but needs brakes(no clue on rust), top and seats so I would figure a $1,500 price range, biggest thing is if you get a low-ball offer, don't disgrace him and send him away, politely tell him not now, check back in a few weeks