• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats left of an 1966 kaiser M35A2

DMgunn

O.K...... here's my dead serious opinion, fwiw.

Remove bed and sell.
Remove entire drivetrain. Sell all but t-case, front axle, and one rear axle.
Place 2 axles and t-case in '56 Chevy, shortening the wheelbase just a little bit.
Put BBC and TH400 under hood.
Find previous butcher (who is no doubt proud of his creativity). When you see a deuce cab on a Ford frame, that's your guy.
Place balance of truck on trailer.
Place prev. owner in cab of "balance".
Bring to salvage/scrap yard.
Personally watch (and videotape) the crusher do its thing.
Consider your obligation to this country paid in full.

chevycrew

lol, I know who the butcher is, I bought everything from him. I dont have the 56 yet so Im not making any serious plans with it. The original cab is long gone, :( oh well. IM still up in the air with the project. But I have the front to match those rears, (got in a previous purchase from him) and I have another front as well. So with this stuff I have 1 t-case, 2 pairs of gmc axles.

Heres what will happen for sure:
Ford cab and nose in crusher.
Dump bed for sale.

chevycrew

Well times have changed, I paid 1200 for the truck and its for sale, ill take 1200 or make me an offer

Reman motor, good tranny, t-case, and axles. Hydraulics work.

Trade for 4 wheeler also. I just dont have the room for this beast.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow I missed the middle of this thread. The first 20,000# winch pictured is fron an M756A2 pipeline truck. Did you collect that up or scrap it?

DMgunn

Don't be so quick to blame an Idahoan. I'd bet the builder is from a state where they play banjos, eat "tators" and say "y'all" frequently.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know your trying to sell that truck but the pipeline winch really should be saved if you can.

chevycrew

Dont worry, the winch will be saved...actually everything seperate from the truck will be saved.

Most if not all will be sold.

I dont want to see this stuff get scrapped, too many good parts.

If the dry holds, ill go get the winches this weekend.

madsam

I think I would look at a bobbed something. But I still got to get my first MV home.. Good luck.