• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats missing from the picture - MEP-004A

Blazer8750

Just brought this home today. I can tell its missing a fuel filter, upper radiator hose, hose neck and cold start tank. Do you see anything else or have these parts to sell?
IMAG3523.jpg
IMAG3524.jpg

Thanks,

Jason

Ken_86gt

Bottom right is the oil filter- missing the top and the filter. Don't worry about the cold start system, many don't use it even if present.

I would try to use a different fuel filter system rather than finding the missing pieces, try to find a spin on one. Same for oil filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Partner, you are missing a few more things than that.

1. Thermostat and housing. Look at figure 74, Items 4-13.
  2. Left side fan guard. Figure 53, Item 3.
  3. Right side fan guard. Figure 53, Item 6.
  4. Oil filter and parts of the filter housing. Figure 61, Items 28-33.
  5. Secondary fuel filter. Figure 50, Items 1-13.
  6. Fittings for secondary fuel filter. Figure 84, Item 36 (X2)
All this is listed in the parts manual.

I do not see the wire that goes to the temperature Transmitter, on the Thermostat housing, but assume its there. Is this all that's missing?

Blazer8750

Thanks for your help and expertise.

1. I have a thermostat housing/spacer block with temp sender on its way. I briefly looked for the wire today but didn't see it. I will look harder in a little bit.
2. I was sure some sheet metal was missing
3. I was sure some sheet metal was missing
4. I will replace the oil filter with a spin on type
5. I will replace the secondary fuel filter with a spin on type
6. Fittings can be sourced from local hydraulic shop

Anybody have experience with Fleetguard fuel filters and water separators? I found them online at a nice price. And I like that they have clear housings so I can see contaminates.

Guyfang

Staff member
Fleetguard is VERY nice. Easy to use, and looking at what is in the fuel, is a great idea. All the OLD gen sets had glass bowls, so you could see the dirt and especially water. We used Fleetguard on heaters for the army. Super product, and you find it any place in the world.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks