• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's missing here ?

Akicita

When I crawled under my new Deuce for a grease and lube job, I noticed a plug was missing. See arrow in picture. Interestingly, the threads look good. Any guesses on how the bolt came loose ?
What's the missing piece called ? I want to be sure I order the correct item.
Jeff

Attachments

M54a2weasel

I did the same thing yesterday and I called boyce equipment and they said it was a plug that was for fording water. boyce can hook u up with on for $25.00

Last edited:

Elwenil

Incorrect. As you can see int he images posted by the original poster, the plug is there in it's storage hole beside the drain hole. The plug is left out until the vehicle is prepared for fording and then it is removed from it's storage hole and placed in the drain hole, after fording the plug is removed and put back in the storage hole. The plug should not be in the fording position unless the vehicle is getting put in the water. Reading the TM for these vehicles will reveal this and many other "unknowns" that are asked here on a regular basis.

Elwenil

In my experience with various forums, no. Very few search and even fewer pay any attention to forum rules, stickies, or FAQ sections. Sad but true.

Angus1

Incorrect. As you can see int he images posted by the original poster, the plug is there in it's storage hole beside the drain hole. The plug is left out until the vehicle is prepared for fording and then it is removed from it's storage hole and placed in the drain hole, after fording the plug is removed and put back in the storage hole. The plug should not be in the fording position unless the vehicle is getting put in the water. Reading the TM for these vehicles will reveal this and many other "unknowns" that are asked here on a regular basis.
Thats what I said, nothing is missing.:lol:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply reading the TMs would be the best place to start, when buying an MV or joining this site.

At least this fella and the others that post this same question, asked . Some people would just leave it or install a plug and move on.... Gotta learn somehow.

Using any Forum is not easy, for many, even after a long time on the site.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny: Hey DH, did you take a chill pill this morning? Not your usual self....LOL

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on vacation out in Colorado! The fishing has been good to me and I am very happy today!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on vacation out in Colorado! The fishing has been good to me and I am very happy today!
Now thats dedication. On vacation and fishing, yet has time to troll SteelSoldiers.

I salute you sir!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks