• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats that on Deuce Wheels

Abbylind

I was looking at some deuces on the GL website. Some on them have what looks like a half hubcap or wheel weight on the front and rear wheels. What is that? Purpose?

Thanks
Fowler

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Central Tire Inflation System. It's an onboard system for adding or removing air from the tires, "on the go"

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We assume you are talking about the parts pointed to by the yellow arrows on the attached pic (though these are on a 5-ton).

My 2cents - the CTIS on my M931 works as advertised. There is a small leak in the left side on mine, so after a couple of weeks of sitting the left side tires are low. But once the truck is started the CTIS pumps them right back up, at the end of normal warmup they are at 70psi.
If it fails someday, I will disconnect it all rather than spend te high $$ to buy new parts.

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks