• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the best 24 volt 100 amp relay and source to use to make a dumb HMMWV PCB

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking to make a manual or "dumb" PCB for my HMMWV.

Think I need 24 Volt, 100 amp, full duty relays.

Am I correct? What brand would you guys use? What company would you buy from?

Also, would you use diodes? If so, same questions...

Am I correct? What brand would you guys use? What company would you buy from?

(I might have asked this question before but I searched and don't see it, so maybe I need psychotropic meds?)

papakb

I'm assuming you want to use this for your glow plugs. When you get into these current ranges you want to use contactors rather than relays. White Rogers makes some for truck use that should work well for the application. Search their SKU 124-114111.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are awesome. I will check these out.
One will act for starter. One will act for HMMWV electrics and one will be for glow plugs.
Any thoughts on diodes?

pjwest03

Not necessarily needed for simple switch operation. Anything in the 1N4003-1N4007 range. I tend to only buy 1N4007 myself. If you're protecting more sensitive electronics, then a schottky diode is a better choice. SB5100 for example. I always tend toward overkill specs when the parts are cheap and the price differences are negligible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

papakb

1N4007s are fine for use as solenoid backswing diodes. They're so cheap online I use them wherever I need a diode. They're a 1 amp rectifier diode and if you need more current capability use a 1N5407 rated at 3 amps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks