• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the best mod you've done to your deuce?

Seth_O

Here's your chance to brag about your best work ;-)

Whats the best/favorite mod you've done to your deuce? All I've done so far is single & bob, so this is a selfish post (I'm looking for ideas.) Show us what you've got - pic's prove you did it.......

Kohburn

haven't completed that many yet:

keyed ignition
moded battery box for 3 batteries
battery equalizer for 12v tap

half way done is the single motor electric wiper upgrade with delay switch

but I think by far my favorite was the muffler - http://aeroperformanceexhaust.com/
I got the model with the build in resonator, it's a major volume difference. I can actually have a conversation inthe cab, and the transmission is louder than the exhaust on the highway.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The BEST? Westfolk spins ons, 8 ball shifter, Craftsman 3 drawer tool box in place of the pioneer rack, civey wipers, air hose reel and three more jerry cans/holders. I did a lot of others, but those are my favorites.

Kohburn

The BEST? Westfolk spins ons, 8 ball shifter, Craftsman 3 drawer tool box in place of the pioneer rack, civey wipers, air hose reel and three more jerry cans/holders. I did a lot of others, but those are my favorites.
how is your reel setup? I was just looking at autorewinding hose reels last night thinking about how nice that would be to get it out of the toolbox.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im working on a onboard used oil filtration set up. it works good but i need to get my 24 volt motor in there instead of the 115VAC drill chuck to run the pump. I need to filter the oil down to to make it nicer....going to 5 micron soon. Saves me lots of money and thats always a good mod. I also shorted up the stock heater and mounted it under my dash. it'll roast me out of the cab now[thumbzup] Im thinking about switching to radials next time i need tires, but i need to do more research to what surplus radials are out there. i dont want to go big and lose power. I need to take pics of my mods and post it here. I posted the one picture of the WMO filters i placed behind the passanger seat.

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
how is your reel setup? I was just looking at autorewinding hose reels last night thinking about how nice that would be to get it out of the toolbox.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=57695&page=2

Cheap 28 dollar Harbor Freight reel. Installed an air hose female connector into the top of the inboard tank (by removing a plug) If the hose is cut I can just unplug the reel. I also keep the original plug in the glove box.

I used high-flo fittings and can operate air tools pretty well.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were to do it again I would probably spring for a pro box with roller bearings and a better locking system. Still, on both MODs (hose reel and tool box), I have less than 100 invested in both combined.

shannondeese

My best MODS are, air hose hook ups on the rear of the bobbed bed. Ford aerostar bench seat. Interior NVG green dash lights, and hydraulic winch. All the pictures have been posted before.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A dump bed.

I've also added spin-on oil filters and a boost and pyro guage. The dump is by far my "best" mod though.

oldshep

Bobbed, super singles, flipped hubs, Ouverson lock-outs, 4 wheel disc brakes(NICE), spin on oil filters, spin on primary fuel filter, side exhaust, round 40 gallon fuel tank on driver side(original is gone), custom flatbed, repainted black, electric wipers, new dash, changed height of my bench seats, AGM batteries relocated to under passenger seat, no battery/tool boxes, shortened fenders, custom steps, K&N air filter, and more that I cant think of right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

oldshep

They were a kit I bought off a guy. But they can easily replicated. Ford Calipers. Wilwood disc'. My buddy whos a welder, my dad and me built the bed this summer. Quite a project.:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks