• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats the best on road/offroad quite tires for humvee

papaydsailor

i am looking for a 37 x 12.5r 16.5 daily driver on road quiet tires thats is also good for off road. i have manage to bring down the 6.2 diesel engine noise down by putting a lot of undercoat paints and putting noise dampening carpets in and outside the tub. but this summer after converting my 998 to door less spacial forces type i noticed that most of the noise are coming from my perneli jones tires. they look good and great for offroad and deepwater fording but found out that they are noisy for daily on road use and sometime wobble.

jamesfrom180

on the news racks this month is a 4x4 rag that was devoted to streetable tires. I will look for it around the house when I get a chance.

I got to the house and looked up the mag. Its 4x4Garage Mega-Mud Tire Comparo!

The review they did listed the Hankook Dynapro MT as the best then Good year Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar as the second.

Take a look I think that might help.

Last edited:

TedG

Goodyear GSA are a good all around tire for the hummer/hmmwv. They are not made any more but are still sought after. I have a set on civi rims installed on a toy slantback with overdrive and they are quiet.

Attachments

papaydsailor

Goodyear GSA are a good all around tire for the hummer/hmmwv. They are not made any more but are still sought after. I have a set on civi rims installed on a toy slantback with overdrive and they are quiet.
is that the 38" civi radials. that will give your stock 6.2 engine up over 58 m/h without screaming murder. will that fit in my 16" 12 bolt rims?

TedG

37" radials on 16.5" hummer solid rims. Some of the H1 guys are looking for sets of these tires and they are starting to get pretty pricey. My last new set of 4 sold for $1000! This truck has a 6.5NA with 700R4 and 241 tcase(2wd/4wd). 70mph is where she likes to run!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks