• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the best step for the M1009?

jimmy-90

You could fab up or buy a set of rock sliders that bolt or weld to the frame and go about mounting a step to one or both of them. Im bettin that would look purdy tough on a lifted M1009!!!

mrlippy

i'm searching for the same fix. please. let me know what you find. i want to know what type of handle/bracket would be right for the body. what about grab bars for the back seat? any ideas?

Armada

Smittybuilt used to have a nice step bar that mounted to the frame. Protected the rockers too. Been awhile since I've bought one from them for the blazer but I would think they still make them. It was powder coated black.

ultim8gamr

to be weary of when offroading is that the small steps like to get ripped off. A slider type step that runs the full length of the truck is usually best if you may be in that situation. I had thought of doing a single step like on tractors so its flexible. It has to steel cables on each side with one rung at the bottom to tie the two sides together, that way if you did come up on a rock it will bend and then go right back and not be damages.

edpdx

I have these right now- picked em off a truck at the wrecking yard cleaned and painted Drab Brown. I don't like it because as I pivot into the seat my foots gets torqued between the supports.

old step.jpg

I found this pair at the yard also. It's a better design as it allows any angle without binding.
new step3.jpg

Shankem-Deep

How about this, I think Sakem-deep's rock sliders are a good deal and come with a step if you want.

Hey guys I will be building some sets for the M-1009's pretty quick. They will bolt to the frame like the ones I build for the trucks. I also have a grab bar that I will be offering for the drivers and passenger side. I will post pics when I build them. I would shy away from the ones that just bolt to the body for any real weight holding. Mean while check out this thread. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/74875-diy-rock-sliders.html

AllenEM

Hey guys I will be building some sets for the M-1009's pretty quick. They will bolt to the frame like the ones I build for the trucks. I also have a grab bar that I will be offering for the drivers and passenger side. I will post pics when I build them. I would shy away from the ones that just bolt to the body for any real weight holding. Mean while check out this thread. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/74875-diy-rock-sliders.html

I've seen his work and I'm not a little guy and they hold me (350 plus lbs.). And I know he is working on a M1009 right now fitting a set up.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm using a Carr stirrup step similar to the Bully one already mentioned. They are not expensive, easy to install and support my 300+ lbs. They do break if you slam them around offroading. Imagine my surprise when I went to use it after some night offroading and it was gone. If I did it right I posted before and after shots.

1st pic has the broken step. 2nd pic has the new step.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks