• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the best way to get the electricity back on?

gwag

Purchase an M1031 with the 12 KW generator of course. After days of power outages & sub zero weather a good old fashioned blizzard rolls in & makes it next to impossible to keep my little 5500 watt generator running. So I haul off & buy this from another dealer up in ND and now we have the power back but I'm ready for next time
I remember bidding against him last fall in Billings MT on this truck and walking away @ $2,900 oh well he needed to make a little money too!
95K miles on the pickup 22 hours on the generator, thats right 22 total hours! Good rubber, runs & drives great. Could maybe use the starter solenoid under the dash and some of the cab & body mounts sound a little loose.
Now I just need to hide it before someone that is still without power offers me too much for it! -8* F this morning

Attachments

Keith_J

Always through a transfer switch. AC travels through transformers in either direction.

Yes, I understand you know what you are doing and linemen should always check lines, not assume they are cold. But in the event you backfeed, it isn't hard to find who is doing it. They will find you, then they will pull your meter if you are lucky.

gwag

I understand all you are saying I was simply stating if you buy a generator they will get the power restored!

Keith_J

I understand all you are saying I was simply stating if you buy a generator they will get the power restored!
I got the Murphy's Law affirmation :beer:. But you could really backfeed off a 12 kW.

Is that a PTO driven set?