• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's the Deal?

Pappawheely

I would like to purchase a Duece to use as an expedition vehicle. Can anyone tell me what kind of normal maintenance is needed and typical operating costs encountered when on the road for weeks at a time. Thanks for your help.

Pappawheely

Thanks for the reply, I will have lots of reading to do. I was more interested in what kind of fuel mileage to expect on the highway, what wears out quickly and what spares I should carry with me. Do I need to carry any brake hoses, valves, switches or bulk hoses, etc. Also, anyone called triple A for assistance?

Scooteerr

Spares to carry with you? How 'bout another deuce?!?... LOL...

I personally do not own one yet but from what I have read, you should always have a extra filter set with you and you should also carry the manuals with you too...

eagle4g63

What to bring depends a lot on how mechanical you are. Other than the obvious usual things like tools, road triangles, spare tire...........ect. It is a good thing to bring an extra set of filters for everything on the truck, as most of them will take a day or 2 to get you don't want to be out on the road without them.

As far as I can tell........I do drive mine EVERYDAY and lots and lots of miles..........they are quite simple to work on........as long as they are getting fuel they keep running.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks